Tonight the Lord lead me to a wonderful website defending the historical reliability of the Bible through archaelogical research and related apologetic investigation.
One article of particular interest defends the Bible’s version of the Great Flood. Below is an excerpt:
Conclusion: The Flood Occurred 5000 Years Ago
- C14 is not useful in dating before 5000 B.P. according to the discoverer of the method.
- River deltas suggest a recent (ca. 3000 BC?) flood.
- All written history begins ca. 3000 BC.
- Foundations of cities began then.
- Families of mankind began then. Geneologies date back to it.
- A 10,000 BC (or earlier) flood wreaks havoc with geneologies.
- There is no record of a 10,000 BC flood in ANY of the literature.
- The Gilgamesh Epic (and other epics) fit well into a 3000 BC date.
- The biblical account did not derive from other literature. It is eyewitness testimony.
- It is clear from the biblical account that there was a universal flood about 3000 BC.
For more, kindly see:
While I was reading the article God revealed to me that rainbows can only be seen through falling water vapour (rain). Genesis 2:5 states that before the Great Flood there was no rain on the earth:
“…for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth.”
So God’s sign that He would never again destroy the earth by flood could only be seen once normal rain began falling after the Great Flood. As it is written:
8 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,
9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;
10 and with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.
11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
15 and I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.
Praise God for this insight, backing up the truth of His Word.