Below is an email I sent a fellow Christian regarding the Biblical teacher Liz Curtis Higgs. Please read this article with an open mind and heart, and do your own digging into the Word so you don’t give your heart to the spirit of the world, which is, the devil:
And none considereth in his heart,
neither is there knowledge nor understanding to say,
I have burned part of it in the fire;
yea, also I have baked bread upon the coals thereof;
I have roasted flesh, and eaten it:
and shall I make the residue thereof an abomination?
shall I fall down to the stock of a tree?
20 He feedeth on ashes:
a deceived heart hath turned him aside,
that he cannot deliver his soul,
nor say, Is there not a lie in my right hand?
(Luke 44, 19-20, King James Bible)
Dear (Fellow Believer),
I listened to that video you sent of Liz Curtis Higgs. It made for interesting listening and I can see why people find her helpful.She has charm and enthusiasm but I’m afraid I have concerns. These are based upon careful comparison with the Word of God (Jesus Christ), who is my standard for all matters of faith and practice.
* The first is Liz’s manner. She is very energetic and enthusiastic, often crying, “Oh Baby!” to punctuate a sentence. Whereas the Bible says we should be the opposite, sober and vigilant at all times:
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: (1 Peter 5:8, King James Bible)
* Liz also jokes a lot and many of the book titles she has produced indicate a spirit of rebellion rather than gentle submission to her Lord. Some examples of rebellious book titles: “The Girl’s Still Got It, take a walk with Ruth and the God who rocked her World”, “Bad Girls of the Bible”, “REALLY Bad Girls of the Bible.” We are warned that joking is unwise spiritually and that women should have a “meek and quiet” spirit:
but let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price (1 Peter 3:2-5, King James Bible)
* Another concerns is that Liz, a woman, has set herself up as a teacher of the Bible whereas scripture stands against this:
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. (1 Timothy 2:12)
* Of further concern is that Liz appears to be very popular with the world.
Whereas Christ warned:
Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. (Luke 6:26, King James Bible)
* Liz also uses modern bible versions such as the NIV, instead of the King James, which is the most faithful version. Some articles supporting the King James are as below:
* To finish up, Liz Curtis Higgs is a false teacher whose methods are unbiblical therefore spiritually poisonous. I pray that you don’t follow her as she is walking in darkness:
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. (Ephesians 5:11, King James Bible)
Love in the Truth of Jesus’ Words,Naomi
Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. (Ephesians 5:15, King James Bible)